Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

21 September, 2011

Yesterday

Yesterday was a very interesting day. As I said in my blog I was going to learn how to decorate some shoes. It is amazing how learning a new skill can be so taxing on your energy.

  This is the next part of my shoes. I had to decide on the design and the draw it on the shoes and then go over it with a black waterproof texta. It all took a lot longer than I had expected and I was so tired by the end of this stage. I didn't have the energy to start painting. I am happy with the design so far and am looking forward to having the chance to paint. I am feeling a bit inspired to get back into other painting projects now.





On the journalling front, I did manage to find some time yesterday to journal, mostly because I had regular reminders from inside to get it done. I learned a good lesson. When I make the time to journal what has happened in day both good and bad, and the feelings that have been aroused, I am much more settled to sleep in the evening. Last night I slept so well. I cant remember when I last slept like that.
My aim now is to try and write something in my journal every day, even if it is only basic boring stuff, and hopefully I will be in better communication with my alters and we will work better as a system. I hope.

I have never been very good at regularly writing in diaries or journals. I seem to get a good start and then within a week really cant be bothered. I am hoping with all this new spare time I will be able to find time to express more of what is happening and how I am feeling. It seems to be quite an effort to really get to know myself, it is so easy to avoid spending time on the things that are important.


I have started taking the dog for a walk this week after I drop my son to school. Babe (my dog) loves it.
It is good exercise for me too as my job was quite physical and I don't want to spend my time just sitting around gaining weight and losing fitness.
There is only one draw back, because I have taken her for a nice big walk in the morning, Babe then thinks we are best friends and spends the rest of the day following me every where I go. If I go to the bathroom she will wait outside the door and snort under it if I take too long. She is definitely a faithful friend. Maybe not the smartest dog in the world but very very loving and will do anything to be where you are. As I sit at the dinning table typing this out, she is asleep on her beanbag on the floor in the sun right next to me.
Well that's enough from me today, hope you have a good day, and thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment