Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

09 September, 2011

Update

Hi everyone,
You may have noticed some small changes to my site. I have added some book recommendations. There is so much information out there and I am hoping to be able to share that which I have found helpful.
On a personal level, I resigned from my part time job a few weeks ago and will be finishing there next week. I have decided to take some time to heal. Financially we can afford for me to be off for a few months and I am hoping to be able to spend more time reading up about DID and journaling and generally doing some of the things I enjoy. Hopefully allowing me more time to deal with my past.
I haven't done much lately as I have been very stable and haven't changed much at all for the last 4 weeks. I have hardly dissociated and am getting heaps done around home. I think this is mostly because I am avoiding dealing with some of the more intense memories. On the home front my husband has been working hard at his full time job and the part time business we run. I think I am also trying to remain helpful and stable to him so as to not leave him with another mess to have to deal with in a day. On top of all that life is good at the moment. I will be glad to not have to deal with the pressure and problems at work.
One of the many mysteries of DID is the fact that for periods of time we can be stable. Not change, live what may seem a normal life. It can be very strange. It is often a time when I doubt my diagnosis as the symptoms don't seem relevant. When I go back and reread all the posts on here and the other things I have written I remember that it is all real and in time I will return to the confused and seemingly lost state I was in. Hopefully a little wiser than before.
With the weekly Bridges meetings (Dissociative disorders support group)  I am attending I am finding myself feeling supported and not alone. I know others with the condition and I can chat to them and learn from their experiences. It can be a difficult time as I can dissociate and switch during our meetings but having the support is worth so much that I cant imagine not having it.

We are holding and information forum on Dissociative Identity Disorder on Friday 23rd September 2011 in Adelaide. This is for people with the disorder and friends and family who wish to learn more. Speakers will explain the disorder and share from some of their personal experiences with DID. Very informative.
If you wish to attend please let me know. 

I am feeling very positive this week and i hope that you are the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment