Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

13 September, 2011

Disclosure

I have only 2 more days working at my job, and today was my final day working at a particular store. During my time there I had become friends with a wonderful lady who has been a great support and source of parenting information for me. She has adult children so was able to advise me on how to deal with some of the troubles I was having with my teenagers. We decided to get together today after work for a farewell coffee. she is such a wonderful kind lady with a mothers heart and I feel so comfortable with her that I decided to tell her I have DID.
She took it so well and was amazed at how well I was coping with working and raising a family. It was a relief that she took it well and I was pleased that I was able to share with and inform someone about the realities of the disorder. We exchanged phone numbers and hugged good bye.
I don't know how much I have achieved today, but at least one more person out there has a better understanding of what our life is like and is able to see past the stigma to the real people trying to live normal lives.
Thank you "J" for your friendship and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment