Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

10 June, 2013

Leaving it all behind?

One of the things I find hardest about having DID and a trauma history, is that people forget that we cant leave it behind. There are so many ways for  people to say leave the past in the past. And I agree that has merit. There are times when things should be left in the past, issues do not have to be carried on for years But I feel that unfortunately having DID and the trauma that caused it cannot always be left in the past. I will not get up tomorrow morning and get on with my day and forget the trauma. Every time there is a voice in my head, a switch, and argument over what to wear or eat, a head ache from too much switching, any of the thousands of little signs of DID, I am reminded why I am this way and that everyday if a fight to survive. It is not easy and I find it so exhausting. The constant energy it takes to sort out what is going on in my head and deal with the emotions that flow at will, the flashbacks that take a fun situation into trauma again. The head aches, the alters who just want to bitch all day about what a terrible job I am doing. Having to climb over that just to get out of bed in the morning and then keep on top of it throughout the day and go on as if I am a normal person living in a world I created. My trauma is with me EVERY day. There are just some parts I CANNOT leave behind and I don't know i ever will. Who I am has been transformed by what happened to me. I will never be the same and every day is a fight to survive. But yes we keep going, because that is what we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment