Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

30 June, 2013

A Step On The Road To Healing

Everyone wants to be heard, and the same applies to alters. For years they have carried the secrets of what was done to them. They were not permitted to tell because it was not safe. As we move away from the abuse, and to a place where we feel safer, the alters feel safer too. They begin to want to tell their side of the story. We have been having flashbacks about the same situation for a few weeks now. Last night we had it again while Diamonds was with us. With her support and understanding we were able to talk it through. Once Diamonds had heard what this distressed little alter wanted to say, the flashback stopped and we felt calm and peaceful again. Telling all of us on the inside isn't enough, she needed the secret to come out so she didn't have to carry it any more. As hard as it was to go through, in the end we felt a closer connection to this little alter who had taken this abuse and trauma when we couldn't, and we thanked her for what she has done. This is definitely a step on the road to healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment