Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

08 March, 2012

Am I really coping?

Today is only half way through and I am exhausted. Once again one of our precious boys has .......well caused me a considerable level of stress. I have spent the morning running around to school and on the phone to many people trying to sort this out. I find my self sitting in the school office waiting for one of the teachers to get back to me and I think, "I can't cope with this, I have too much other stuff to deal with!"
And then it occurs to me, "you have DID, you can cope with just about anything, you are resilient"
Indeed by the very definition of DID I am a survivor and able to cope with many things that most people would break under, and so far today I have managed without switching or even dissociating. (quite an achievement given the circumstances)
Times like these I am grateful I have already established such an effective coping mechanism, and I am sure that at some time, probably later today, I will switch so that another alter can take over and give me a rest. It is a rather effective system, but really, do we have to exercise it so often......surely it could be proven to be obsolete. I guess this is one of the joys of parenting. I just feel like every day is an effort to get through, and if it isn't, tomorrow will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment