Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

23 March, 2012

Where I belong

I missed going to Bridges today. I have a son home from school, so had to stay home and watch him. By about 3pm, about the time Bridges would be finishing, I was getting really cranky. I realized this is usually my one day out in a week where I can spend time with others who understand me, and where I am free to be me/we. I have Alters inside who obviously really enjoy bridges and the open interaction. I headed to my next favourite place for interaction with others like me Fort Refuge. It is not the same as sitting in a room with others, but it does help. That need to feel welcome and that you belong can be so strong. Even more that need for understanding and acceptance. How much more so for those who have spent their lives feeling they are bad, evil and unlovable.
Thank you to all those at Bridges, your contribution is invaluable.

No comments:

Post a Comment