Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

30 July, 2012

Happy Birthday Bridges

On Friday the 27th of July we celebrated Bridges first birthday. We had decided on a Mad hatters tea party. We wore hats and brought some awesome food to share. One of the highlights of day was the amazing cake made by one of our members.
A full foot high and with rainbow cake inside, it was on of the biggest cakes i have ever seen or eaten. One slice sent our sugar levels through the roof for a few hours.
After Bridges we headed to Sarah's house for a campfire and baked spuds. Although it was very cold, we didn't get much rain, and enjoyed having the chance to meet new people in a casual setting. All in all I think a good time was had by all. I have also included a photo  or 2 of the mad hatter hat I made to wear.
The last year has gone by so quickly but the group has achieved so much. We have our regular core members and several who pop in when they can.
I recently became a co-facillitator for Bridges, which has been quite a challenge, but I am enjoying it. So far my biggest struggle has been getting there in time.
Sarah has so many things planned for the group and for the future of the Dissociative Initiative. It is exciting to be a part of such a grass roots initiative.
If you are in Adelaide in a Friday and suffer with Dissociation, please come along. It would be great to see you. Details for meetings are on the top right site if the screen under BRIDGES AND ECHOES.





No comments:

Post a Comment