Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

22 November, 2012

Tattoo

 This is one of my new Tattoos. On my Right wrist I have the word hope written with a ribbon going down to my thumb with a key on it.
I recently saw something online about hope being the key to getting through things and I loved it. It really spoke to me. After considering several options of how to remind myself, I decided on the tattoo. Without hope we give up, we lose sight of the way out and we can lose ourselves in hopelessness and depression. I remember reading somewhere once about how the Jews who survived in concentration camps were the ones that never gave up hope. It can get us through so much. Sometimes we do lose hope but that is the time when we must ask for hope from others. This is from a book a friend told me about and I find it really speaks to me.


Lend me your hope for a while,
I seem to have mislaid mine.
Lost and hopeless feelings accompany me daily,
Pain and confusion are my companions.

I know not where to turn;
looking ahead to future times does not bring forth images of renewed hope.
I see troubled times,
painful days and more tragedy.

Lend me your hope for a while,
I seem to have mislaid mine.
Stand by me,
offer me your presence, your heart and your love.

Acknowledge my pain,
it is so real and ever present
I am overwhelmed
with sad and conflicting thoughts.

 Lend me your hope for a while,
A time will come when I will heal,
and I will share my renewal,
hope and love with others.
                    
               by Author unknown

From the Book- Victory over the darkness by Neil T Anderson.

As trauma survivors it is very easy to get lost in the hopelessness of the pain and endless reminders of the past, but hopefully we will always have someone who will be there to help us get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment