Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

02 January, 2012

The new year

Hi everyone, welcome to 2012, lets all hope and pray it is a good year.
I am feeling better today. I finally figured out that I needed to spend more time having fun, doing the things I enjoy. Once I did that it took me 2 days to figure out what those fun things were and get into doing them. sounds silly to some I guess, but I am so used to just getting the jobs done that I forget that there is more to life than work. I have taken the dog to the beach several times which she loves, and spent a fair whack of time watching United States of Tara with my son. He is 13 and loves it, so do I, so it is a good bonding time for us. I haven't had a stomach ache since early yesterday. YAY! Much better.




On the subject of United States of Tara, I know there is a lot of controversy over how it portrays people with DID. I can see there are many areas it doesn't cover and it pigeon holes multiples a bit, but all in all I think it is helping to get information out there and that is not all bad. I often use it to help people understand my condition. I make it clear that we are all different and that is not how we all work and live. But I believe it is a good base to start and then if they want to know more they can. This is the first season Trailer here  from you tube in case you don't know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment