Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

14 October, 2011

Dissociation is....

Today I just wanted to post this great poem by Sarah K Reece.
Enjoy
Posted: 12 Oct 2011 04:41 PM PDT

To touch life with gloves on
To sit at a banquet and taste only ash
The void into which I fall
Colours turning grey.

To touch life with gloves on
Nerves burned out by fire
A room with walls so thick I cannot hear the screaming
To sail my little boat away from shores of pain
To drown in that empty place
To feel dead.

To touch life with gloves on
Mirrors that lie to me
Memories that fall like snow
Not knowing if I'm dreaming or awake
To always be alone
To always be lost and looking for home.

To touch life with gloves on
To laugh at pain
To be wild with recklessness
To never flinch
To turn my face from the world
To stand in sunshine and see only night
To ask 'are you there?' and not hear the answer
To become so cold that I never feel cold again
To be haunted by life
To be forever falling
To touch life with gloves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment