Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

26 May, 2013

Diamonds

Its been a while since I have posted and there is so much I want to say. So much has been happening. Where to begin. I have a girlfriend, we will call her Diamonds. We have been seeing each other for just over a month. As I had suspected in my previous posts, dating a woman is sooo very different to dating a man. It is a very different realm. Most of our usual triggers are just not there, I have noticed that many of the alters that were needed near the front, have gone to the back now as we don't need them in this relationship. It is just not full of fear and worry like a heterosexual relationship is. I don't
go on a date with Diamonds wondering if she is going to try something and then how are we going to cope or respond. The whole dynamic of intimacy and sex is totally different too. I cant imagine going back to men now. It seems a world away. I know that we chose this lifestyle because of all the abuse we have been through, but at the same time it seems so natural and loving. Maybe I could have been born gay and just never had the chance to find out. Who knows but for now I am very happy living the life of a gay woman.
There is one small hitch, or should I say advantage, I am not sure. Diamonds is also a multiple. Yes we have two multiples in a gay relationship. Not the first relationship this way, and definitely wont be the last I am sure, but it does have its challenges. We understand each other better because we are both multiple, and we have helped each other through flash backs and triggers. We have separate relationships developing between different alters in our systems. It can get a bit confusing, and we have had quite a few challenging times when we have wondered if this really going to work. But in the end, there is no one who understands us like she does, and no one who cares like she does. We have gained so much from being together that we cant imagine being apart. I am amazed at how life can take turns you would never have guessed in a thousand years. Will keep you posted. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment