Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

10 July, 2011

I have been thinking today about the Physical side of DID. No don't worry I am not going into what happened to me to give me DID, I am going to talk about whats happens day to day. Although DID is mostly a mental disorder it has many physical affects. Headaches, sometime severe, are a common side affect of DID. Often this can happen when a switch is about to happen or when all the Alters want to talk. It can last momentarily or for days until the alters are sorted out.
Dizzyness is also very common. This for me often happens when a switch is happening or when one of my alters is trying to get my attention. The lightheadedness can last for quite a while and keep happening until the situation (whatever it may be) is sorted out. We may not always know what the prolem and reason is either, it can take a bit of figuring and listening to find out. Nausia, can start suddenly and finish just as suddenly. Sudden fatigue. Insomnia, mood swings and feelings of deprssion and anxiety are also very common side affects of DID.
All these things are very common for people with DID and can happen several times a day or not for a week, but they do happen and we have no warning as to when it will be.
Imagine your day today and what you did, add to that a bout of fatigue and nausia for no apparent reason that you have no idea why it started nor how to shake. You now it is not a physical symptom, they often feel a bit different.
Please be understanding of people with DID. There is a lot going on for us and it is not all about hearing voices and losing time. sometimes the simplest things become an event. We need to take time for ourselves and be well rested. We have one body supporting many minds and it is often hard work.
Just my thoughts for today.
Smile, your day could be worse!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment