Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

18 July, 2011

Confrontation

As you look at me you see the person you expect to see. You may see a smile, a frown, a laugh, maybe even a tear, but you can never really see what is happening inside. As you go about your day, we, that is all that is me, fight to deal with the cause of this DID. As you know by now this is not caused by a small insignificant event and as time and therapy goes on the truth of what has happened to me comes out. It is not like a movie you watch and then turn off the screen and walk away. It is feelings, emotions, fears and pain both physical and remembered that expose the reality of the past. Some days are a struggle to get through without crying or hiding. Some days the anger for a life lost is so strong it is hard to concentrate on even the simplest things. In most cases the face you see on the outside is NOT the true face that lives inside.
But there in lies the problem. You look, you see my face, you may even take the time to ask me how I am going, and you may even really want to know the answer. For that I thank you, for your time and concern. BUT there are people out there who do not see, do not ask and for that matter do not know the torment, the torture, the brokenness I live with every day. They do not want to know, they do not care about the affect their actions have had on someone else's life.
There lives go one as if nothing has happened, they eat and drink, they party and work and all along they give little to no thought of those they have left behind in their wake.
It brings me to the question of confrontation. They will surely deny their past actions, they may even fain concern. Will it give me the release I seek? Will it help me to know that even though they deny it all, I know, and they know I know, and I hope that at some point they come to understand that they took someones life and broke into a million pieces that may never be able to be rebuilt again.
I am an intelligent woman and it has been said to me that it is  a good thing I am so intelligent as it has helped me get through this the way I have. I agree, it has helped, but!! If not for all this damage, could I have become someone great, a doctor, a psychologist, who knows, we will never know as I have spent my life fighting these secrets I have had to hide.
My only hope is that one day, even is it is at their death bed, they realize the damage and suffering they have caused to an innocent child, and that this child is still suffering to this day. (I am not alone there are many like me, and we all need to be heard)

No comments:

Post a Comment