Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

15 August, 2011

Smile

I haven't been posting that much lately, but there is as always much to tell. I was just rereading a few of my previous posts on the Blog. It is interesting to see how far I have come in such a short time.
I have met some amazing people over the last few months and I have to say I now can't imagine not having them in my life. As I may have already said on here, I have for some time been attending a support group for people who hear voices. Well recently at the same place a group was started for people with Dissociative disorders. Oh my goodness what an amazing thing it is to be in a room with others who have what you have and can totally understand what is happening. Don't get me wrong, every one is different and every one experiences their disorder in a different way. But for the very first time in my life I didn't feel like a broken discarded person, I felt normal. It is such an amazing feeling, knowing that you are not alone and that others struggle with the same struggles you do and that they have made it too. One of the group leaders is a fountain of knowledge and an amazing woman. They are all so accepting, I don't have to put on a front or pretend to be better than I am. If I am having a bad day that is fine.
I highly recommend joining a support group for any condition you may be dealing with. I can't guarantee they will all be as good as what I am experiencing but it may very well be worth a try.
On the Weekend we had a social get together for those of us who attended the voice hearers group. a campfire at one members house with baked spuds, lavish toppings, and marshmallows.
What a night. We started early but finished late. We just talked and talked. Because we were already used to talking in our group I think that made it easier. It was one of the most relaxing and open events I have been too. We all hear voices, some because of Schizophrenia others due to Dissociative disorders, and we talked openly about what we are going through, what is important to us and how we are coping with life. We laughed and laughed. An amazing weekend, with amazing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment