Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

18 May, 2011

Thats not me!

I was out to dinner with a friend the other day and I was telling her about having DID when I remembered this little fun fact which I thought I would share on here. I am co-conscious with my alters and sometimes I don't register that they are forward until something like this happens, because I am so used to then being there I don't really take much notice.
It is not uncommon to walk onto the bathroom and look onto the mirror and be shocked to see the face that is looking back at me. No, not because I am looking particularly unsightly that day. But because I am expecting to see someone else. Once I realize that it is the correct reflection and that is how the body really looks I feel the alter switch back and I return to being 'me'. it is a strange feeling to expect to see someone else in the mirror than who you think you are. The alter is taller, thinner, and has dark curly hair. Her face is shaped differently too. She seems more confident than 'me'. And no sooner do I realize she is there and she is gone. I would love to know her name. In a way is like having friends but never really getting to talk to them and see them.
I have been struggling with Anxiety a lot lately. One of my Alters is particularly bad on worrying about stuff and it is easy for me to get into an anxiety attack. Sometimes it is quite debilitating and I can lose a whole day because I feel so bad. Unfortunately anxiety is a common disorder that accompanies DID, along with depression. I guess there is so much hidden inside us that the body really doesn't know how to cope, and has trouble keeping an even plain.
At least now I am getting help and learning techniques to deal with it as best I can.
I just want to say Thanks to my friends and family who have been so accepting of my condition. It is always nice to know I don't have to hide myself and people will still accept me.  It makes the journey so much easier. Thank you again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment