Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

31 January, 2013

Nil By Mouth

Driving home yesterday from a friends house, I was feeling very hungry. It was 3.30 pm so I debated getting something to eat or waiting until I got home. After quite a bit if internal discussion on the matter, someone reminded me we had some nuts stashed in the glove box for just such an emergency. Ahhh saved! But no. As I put some nuts into my mouth I felt almost repulsed by them. One of my alters tells me she doesn't eat food and asks if we can eat it without using the mouth. She doesn't ingest things thru the mouth and there must be a better way to get food in. I don't know of any other way other than IV drip, and that is more traumatic than eating so we are not taking that option. Needless to say we did not eat nuts on the way home and she had gone by dinner time so all was good there. This not the first time she has been forward and it is an interesting challenge dealing with the no mouth thing. On a separate and positive note, I slept heaps better last night hopefully we have broken the cycle for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment