Welcome to my Blog.

These are my ramblings in an attempt try and understand my Dissociative Identity Disorder. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope that together we can come to a better understanding of the human mind. If you have any questions or comments you are more than welcome to add them to my blog, or to email me. I would love to hear from you.

03 April, 2011

Stress

We all know that stress isn't good for us, but what is it like for someone with DID? Stress in its many forms makes life harder for us. Too much stress and the alters become restless and can come out more. Even something as relatively low in stress like starting an art class as I did this week is enough for the alters to get a bit upset. They were fine when I was concentrating on the sketching I was doing but by the time I got home it was a jumble of noises in my head. Change is a hard one for DID people especially if it is something they are all not prepared for. i.e. not all the alters want to do it or are ready to do it. Too much pressure and we don't know what to do or how to handled it and we usually have one of the alters take over and deal with it.
I have included a short film which shows what life can be like for someone with DID. sometimes it is very over whelming. One the outside we look so normal but on the inside there is so much going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment